2015 Birthday Special

A thank you note for all who have been part of my 25 years on this wonderful planet !

Thanks God for giving me the grace to see this day, thanks mommy, daddy, thanks for all the resources, studies, money and all the luxuries you have showered on me.

And thanks my dear hubby for putting up with me for 3 long years showering me with all the love, attention and most of all the friendship. Hey 2015, thanks, I'm 26 years old during your time, well you have not been that bad as well but you could have been better atleast from now on.

My birthday as it fell on Friday, my hubby planned a small vacation for the weekend and guess what it couldn't have been any better. Such a relaxed and refreshing weekend.

My birthday actually started on Thursday with my office colleagues buying a card and cake for me. Then it was time for some house hunting with my hubby in the Stepps area-> Jackson drive. Followed by supper in Nandos and Avengers: Age of Ultron in Odeon.

D gave a quirky cool chain at 12 GMT


God, I was tired by now. I was not able to even think of packing and leaving the country to Great Lake, England.

But as it appears, I was just refreshed, totally revived back by all the awesome wished I received from my Whatsapp group. I have always kept it low in social media by switching off notification informing friends and my family of my birthday, So you get, I was over the moon when people wished me for my birthday...felt like yes I have got frineds who remember my birthday without any app reminding them.... Yay Yay Yay!!!!

As lazy as I am it was so tiring to transfer all the vacay stuff that I had bought on the weekend before which was still in the shopping bag to the suitcase, but guess what I did manage that bit of work. We managed to start our long awaited trip somewhere around 12.

 The drive around the countryside en route the Great Lake was just awesome and I cannot even think of another word from my vocabulary poor memory. It was just the best, just the best, beautiful weather (check)..sunshine(check), good company(check), good conversation(errr yes...D was referring to this incident.) 

With me still holding a learner's driving licence, I couldn't be of much help to poor dear D in partaking the driving responsibility but..wait for it I did have my time. So at this instant all I did was snore and sleep until we reached our destination. But D being the gentleman he is did not click a photo...

On reaching the beautiful village of Kendall, we headed straight to our hotel, I have proof for the upcoming events as I was recharged to get on my phone from the pocket and take pictures.

So here they are, me sans makeup (coz it was a holiday and I was just not bothered to carry around layers on my face(!)) ----->





The beautiful Kendall village and our hotel





Birthday lunch at Hotel pub
Beer battered fish and chips ---not so yum

Wild rice and ---total yum

Ride along the lake











Birthday dinner












Back Home


That was how my birthday rolled! Relaxed, Refreshed and Blissful!!!
Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment