The Colours of Glasgow

Hi to all you lovely people out there...
Thank you for taking some time to visit MY blog.

After months of contemplation here am I presenting my first Blog ever speaking bout the thoughts of this new lady in the blogging world.


This is one of my personal experiences as I had gone through a road of milestones in my life at a lightening speed.


Firstly, the courtship with this amazing guy whom I got married to in May this year and within 3 weeks flew to this new Heaven on Earth(not above Earth) thousands of miles away..

Glasgow,UK --- My new Life

The very day I landed, it was just like a dream come true.
The cool weather, the amazingly beautiful GREEN drapes all over,  city with the right balance between yesteryear buildings and modern buildings.The Green Glasgow
It was so soothing to photograph all the beautiful things all over with the smallest yet most perfect resolution-ed lens of my eyes for each pixel brought hope and joy to every single cell in my body.

This city which my husband proudly calls my ooru(city in Tamil) is also mine now.

Months passed by and already the chill winds started taking control of my body. For I had all through my life never seen temperature dropping below 15 degrees. And here I am in a city where people choose to wear casual clothes with jackets when its 9-10 degrees out. Undeterred I never gave in to any fashion statements and went around the city packed and bundled in jackets and scarves, when suddenly a lovely friend came across and asked Why art thou wearing WINTER clothes in AUTUMN???"...."AUTUMN!?!?!?!?!"...well not that i dont know what it means..but what is 9-10 degrees is it any less than the winter??????

Well, that was it and within just a few days...Glasgow city was switching on to another dress designed by the TOP MOST DESIGNER himself. Needless to say it was one sight to crave for. All the leaves in this vegetation friendly city turned golden and showered onto all the roads , grounds, parks everywhere.The Yellow Glasgow.

Time just flew as I was busy getting ready for a vacation to India that I almost completely lost track of the steady dropping of the temperature to 0 to -4 degrees. Once on my way back from office, I noticed something shining at the other end of the road, I was pleasantly shocked to see ice in the middle of the road. And in a couple of days, the same beautiful city is showered with snow all around her. The White Glasgow. And when I'm writing this blog I cant take my eyes off from her where she sits blushing only to be powdered with a yet more layer of this snow.

Was just wondering how it would be when finally Spring(the new lease of life) walks again into this city.But I cant wait until then, Can I? 

Am just gonna wonder and expect this city to surprise me more while I return from my vacation from India(equally beautiful land). If you guys plan a vacation in near future, I would recommend you to drop in here and recharge your spirits. Until then, bye to all you wonderful people out there. Feel free to comment or share your experiences here.
Merry Christmas  and a Wonderful New Year 2013 in advance!!!

2 comments: